THE LAW OFFICES OF
CICIO & CICIO, P.C.
Call the Law Offices of Cicio & Cicio, P.C. for your free consultation and legal needs at 205-939-1327.
LAW OFFICES OF CICIO & CICIO, P.C.
2153 14TH AVENUE SOUTH
BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA 35205
BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA ATTORNEYS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
Call for a Free Consultation
* Question: Do I need a Last Will & Testament, Power of Attorney or Health Care Proxy/Living Will (estate planning)?
Answer: Yes. These documents will guide your representative in carrying out your wishes regarding the distribution of assets, make medical and legal decisions and will help reduce the cost of probating your estate at the time of your death.
* Question: I already have a Last Will & Testament, Power of Attorney or Health Care Proxy/Living Will. Do I need to update or have these documents regularly reviewed?
Answer: Yes. You should update any of these documents when circumstances may have changed (divorce, marriage, children, etc) and some of these documents could be ineffective due to some changes in legal requirements. Estate planning should not be considered permanent, as conditions and your desires may change.
* Question: What does real property mean?
Answer: Real property is the land and improvements such as garages and other buildings (excludes mobile homes) as well as gas, oil, minerals and other substances located below the land.
* Question: What is the statute of limitations in Alabama for a workplace injury?
Answer: Two years from the date of injury or two years from the date of last compensation payment.
* Question: Can an employer refuse to file a workers’ compensation claim because there was not a witness to the accident?
Answer: No. Just because an accident was not witnessed, it does not mean it did not happen. A first report of injury must be filed by the employer.
* Question: What should I do if I just had a vehicle accident?
Answer: If you have been injured, get immediate medical attention; report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible; get names and contact information for any witnesses of the accident; take photos of your injuries promptly to show the extent of injuries on the date of the accident as well as twice per month or more until all physical signs of injuries are no longer visible and, most importantly, contact an experienced lawyer at The Law Offices of Cicio & Cicio, P.C.
* Question: What are the approval and denial percentages in Alabama for Social Security Disability Insurance?
Answer: Initial Application: Denial 68% and Approval 32%
Reconsideration: Denial 62.3% and Approval 37.7%
Note: Statistically, applicants represented by an attorney are much more likely to win their claim.
* Question: When should I file for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI)?
Answer: You should file for SSDI or SSI as soon as you are aware that you have a ‘disability’ according to Social Security accepted disabilities.
* Question: After an injury, how do I know if I have a personal injury claim?
Answer: Contact the Law Offices of Cicio & Cicio, P.C. to evaluate your case in a free initial consultation.
The following language is required pursuant to Rule 7.2, Alabama Rules of Professional Conduct. No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers. This website is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of an attorney/client relationship.