THE LAW OFFICES OF
CICIO & CICIO, P.C.
Call the Law Offices of Cicio & Cicio, P.C. for your free consultation and legal needs at 205-939-1327.
LAW OFFICES OF CICIO & CICIO, P.C.
2153 14TH AVENUE SOUTH
BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA 35205
BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA ATTORNEYS
Call for a Free Consultation
Fraud is legally defined as:
“A false representation of a matter of fact-whether by words or by conduct, by false or misleading allegations, or by concealment of what should have been disclosed-that deceives and is intended to deceive another so that the individual will act upon it to her or his legal injury”.
Fraud is a fast growing problem, not only in Alabama, but in every other state as well. Unfortunately, fraud can be very difficult to prove as it must have these elements:
1. Seller knowingly made false representations about existing material facts.
2. Seller knowingly made false representation or made recklessly without regard to its truth of falseness.
3. Consumer relied on representation and was deceived by said representation which was reasonable under the circumstances at that time.
4. Consumer sustained damages relying upon Seller representations.
Suppression of Material Fact
1. Seller has the duty to disclose facts
2. Concealment of material facts by Seller
3. Consumer influenced to act
4. Consumer injury
Listed below are some of the types of fraud:
- Purchased Goods: automobiles, mobile homes, washer/dryer, televisions, computers, audio systems, et al.
- Credit Life Insurance required to be purchased when obtaining a loan.
- Credit Disability or Accident Insurance being paid unknowingly by the borrower or with making payments for this insurance borrower makes a disability/accident claim and insurance was never paid for by the lender.
- Collateral Protection Insurance can be mandated by lender, but not mandated that the insurance be obtained through the lender.
If you believe you have fallen victim to fraud it is imperative that you contact an experienced attorney promptly as there is a two year statute of limitation on fraud actions. The Law Offices of Cicio & Cicio, P.C. will be pleased to review your situation in a free initial consultation.
The following language is required pursuant to Rule 7.2, Alabama Rules of Professional Conduct. No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers. This website is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of an attorney/client relationship.